RE: [OT] Window 7 connecting to a Win 2003 Domain

Hi Paul

Everything was running exactly as you said. I discovered that the other
machines in the office had fixed IPs and a gateway of 100, DNS of 180 (the
server)

Set my network card up the same way and hey presto my error message changed
to "Permission Denied" because we had already created account for
my machine
on the AD. Deleted those and it then happily went through the signup.

I now have two accounts on the server <MACHINENAME> for XP and
<MACHINENAME7> for Windows 7

Had a couple of issues setting up one of the in house applications because
of vista/Win7 not allowing applications to write to Program files. Took a
while to find where it had hidden the copy of the INI file for the
application. I had edited the "original" INI file in
Programfiles/<APPNAME>
but the app still had the wrong settings due to it using the auto generated
user copy in
"Users/<USERNAME>/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/ProgramFiles/<APPNAME>"
but
after I edited that one everything was good :)

Thanks for the help, Im sure there will be some more questions in time but
will be ordering a copy of the book that was recommended.

Keith