Re: Click n Rip

Thanks for the replies so far,
Initial thoughts on what has been suggested so far,

GRIP - Unfortunately - no Linux access so I cant make use of that one -
sorry :(

EAC - Interestingly, having googled this one and tried to download an and
run it My AV software (Nod32) pops up and suggests that there is an
AD.Software issue with it - so I haven't been able to install that -
steered clear just in case something has been compromised.

Which leaves RipStation. On the face of it - looks ok and seems to do the
job nicely and may well be a contender. You can indeed set up destination
paths and file names based on ID3 tags. It has a default RipTo directory
that is changeable and it remembers what your last settings were between
restarts. Even downloads album art for too! Haven't yet listened to the
results - been too busy feeding it disks!

Niggles with it so far though, you have to sign up to their CD database in
order for it to work (nothing major there) but there seems to be a problem
on how they are tagging some ID data (admittedly only tried it with one set
so far). This posed a problem a compilation multi cd set I just happened to
have to hand.
1st disk - ok - decided to use the format of 'Artist\Year - Album\Artist -
Album - TrackNumber - TrackTitle.mp3. Tracks were coming out with 'Various'
as the Artist and they used 'TrackTitle' to hold 'Artist name / TrackTitle'
(note the forward slash), so getting around the Artist being 'various'.
This would then create correctly the path and file name as needed with the
'/' being replaced with a '-'. Now, on disk 2, someone decided that instead
of  '/' used to separate the artist from track name was going to be a '\'.
This then didn't get translated to a '-' and subsequently added the file
inside another partly formed subdirectory. Unfortunately - you also cant
edit the data the program retrieves if you think its wrong (had an
'unknown' track on a disk with a bonus track that wasn't tagged correctly)
so not as flawless as I would have liked.

Unless anyone has any more suggestions?

Thanks
Wayne.