Click n Rip

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has found program / created / has scripts to allow
a none tech user have a real simple way of ripping to mp3's (or any other
format) cd's when you load them into your cd drive?

What I was thinking, is something that could be attached to the 'what to do
when you insert this media' wizard on windows that can be simply cancelled
if the user doesn't want to rip but if they say 'ok' then it :-
1/ goes off and get all the details for the cd from the internet for the
id3 tags,
2/ get album art if exists,
3/ stick the results when done in a directory structure of 'my' choosing
(typically on a remote server share) - based on the id3 tags, subdirectory
structure etc. - not where media player or itunes wants to stick it.

>From a point of view of 'how much' end user interaction - all it really
needs is a 'do you want to rip' question, a progress bar and a 'you can
take out the disk now! (ideally) - Any exceptions like 'unknown tracks /
cds' will need to be asked but for the norm, thats about it.

I haven't yet found anything thats along these lines, itunes wants to do it
'apples' way, media player wants to do it 'its' way. Nothing yet where you
can load up a say a config screen to set out where to stick the media,
format to use, file naming conventions etc and just a 'click to go' button
for normal use. As I say, all the 'confusing' bits can be set and kept out
of the way for normal use.

ideas welcomed.
Wayne.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums