Re: Click n Rip

EAC (Exact Audio Copy) does most of this, and has links to FreeDB for
tag
info. I use it with LAME for encoding to MP3, and apart from intial setup
and specifying the destination drive each time it's pretty much one-click.

Maybe there's an option for auto-save, I just haven't investigated.

HTH,

Tim.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Wayne <Wayne@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Was wondering if anyone has found program / created / has scripts to
allow
> a none tech user have a real simple way of ripping to mp3's (or any
other
> format) cd's when you load them into your cd drive?
>
> What I was thinking, is something that could be attached to the 'what
to do
> when you insert this media' wizard on windows that can be simply
cancelled
> if the user doesn't want to rip but if they say 'ok' then it :-
>  1/ goes off and get all the details for the cd from the internet for
the
> id3 tags,
>  2/ get album art if exists,
>  3/ stick the results when done in a directory structure of 'my'
choosing
> (typically on a remote server share) - based on the id3 tags,
subdirectory
> structure etc. - not where media player or itunes wants to stick it.
>
> From a point of view of 'how much' end user interaction - all it
really
> needs is a 'do you want to rip' question, a progress bar and a 'you
can take
> out the disk now! (ideally) - Any exceptions like 'unknown tracks /
cds'
> will need to be asked but for the norm, thats about it.
>
> I haven't yet found anything thats along these lines, itunes wants to
do it
> 'apples' way, media player wants to do it 'its' way. Nothing yet where
you
> can load up a say a config screen to set out where to stick the media,
> format to use, file naming conventions etc and just a 'click to go'
button
> for normal use. As I say, all the 'confusing' bits can be set and kept
out
> of the way for normal use.
>

> ideas welcomed.
> Wayne.