Fw: Suggestions for new Media PC

  • Subject: Fw: Suggestions for new Media PC
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 06:47:00 +0000

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/182588
?

My media PC is starting to play up (lockups with random coloured blocks on
screen), so looking around at what options are currently in the market.

Existing machine is a Fujitsu Scaleo E.

Needed spec is not great, I just run MediaPortal and a pair of DVB-T cards
non-HD into a 37" Plasma. Probably look for something HD-compliant on
the
graphics card side, as I'm sure the requirement will come along soon!

Main points are quiet, looks reasonable (i.e. not like a desktop PC
sitting
under the TV!) and not power hungry.

Quite happy for it to be a component build, unless a pre-built machine
happens to be available at the right price.

What things would people suggest?

Jim