Re: Apples stuck pixel policy...

On 14 Feb 2010, at 21:23, Tim Ramsdale wrote:

> Jamie,
>
> If you youtube 'replacing Hard disk in imac' you'll find a variety of
clips
> that all start with removing the front cover, which is a perspex
screen
> magnetically held onto the chassis. You need to be a little careful,
and it
> is best to use 2 suction cups, one on each side as the prongs extend a
fair
> way into the unit, and you don't want to break them off.
>
> The big question is... Do you think that when you take the screen off
and
> clean it with a lint-free cloth or air duster, you will have more or
less
> than one spec of dust on the screen when you reassemble?
>
> Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YsCTNVEYt8

Oh, that looks pretty easy to do, I may even attempt it if I can find some
sort of appropriate suction cup but I must admit that it doesn't bother me
much at all. Its off to the left about 3 inches from the top and in normal
use I don't spot it, its only if I go looking. Still its good to know that
I could probably fix it myself pretty easily.

> Hope that helps
> T.

Thanks,
Jamie.