Re: [OT] Mac advice...

Phil,

I am long lost down the path that is Mac....

My view is pretty straightforward:

I have been using VMWare since the beta days wayback when it was a linux
on=
ly program - I like it and I understand it and I use it pretty much every
d=
ay on my various Macs.

However Parallels was first to market on Mac and I have a license and
never=
had any significant issues with it - it is perhaps a little more quirky th=
an VMWare and some of the upgrade features have been a little questionable
=
in their value IMHO.

Both provide an integrated desktop view Coherence/Unity.
Both provide support for non Windows OS
Both Provide support for BootCamp (why bother though when VMs are fast
enou=
gh? - maybe games?)

I have toyed with VirtualBox which works but I have no real experience
with=
it.

My vote goes to VMWare - your mileage may vary.

Adrian=20

On 9 Feb 2010, at 22:09, Phillip Harris wrote:

> I=92m Gay!
>=20
> Well, I suspect I am...
>=20
> ...It started with an iPod classic, then an iPod Touch, then an iPhone
(a=
nd
> another and another =96 I now have three, two in use and one
=93spare=94 =
in case I
> drop one down the loo, ones already been in the bath and been dried
out
> successfully but I think if one ever has a swim in the loo then I
won=92t=
be
> putting it to my ear again, hence the spare)...
>=20
> ...the final nail in the high-altitude gardening coffin was the 17=94
Mac=
book
> Pro a week ago.
>=20