Re: [OT] Mac advice...

You're on a slippery path now!

You'll be wanting an iPad when they come out :)

I must admit - we have used VMWare at the office - seems to work ok -
does its job nicely! Our MD picked it after weighing up the odds of both
- don't know any more reasoning behind it - sorry.

One thing though (and I believe Parallels does as well) - if you
persevere with Bootcamp and get that running - you can then import the
'bootcamp' partition and run it as a VM. So best of both worlds! VMWare
for everyday, Bootcamp when you need all the power to Windows.

Enjoy!
Wayne.
(sitting here waiting for the iPod Touch to charge and a MacBook next to
the pc :))

Phillip Harris wrote:
> I¹m Gay!
>
> Well, I suspect I am...
>
> ...It started with an iPod classic, then an iPod Touch, then an iPhone
(and
> another and another ­ I now have three, two in use and one
³spare² in case I
> drop one down the loo, ones already been in the bath and been dried
out
> successfully but I think if one ever has a swim in the loo then I
won¹t be
> putting it to my ear again, hence the spare)...
>
> ...the final nail in the high-altitude gardening coffin was the
17² Macbook
> Pro a week ago.
>
> Anyway ­ first thing I did was bootcamp the bugger and whack
Windows on it
> but that seemed perverse ... A bit like having a gorgeous girlfriend
but
> boffing her fat, speccy, soapdodging  mate while the girlfriend was at
work.

> After nearly a fortnight I¹ve installed Office for Mac trial
version and am
> now looking at running Windows in a Virtual machine (there¹s some
apps that
> I just cannot run under OSX unfortunately) ... Possibilities seem to
be
> VMWare and Parallels and it appears that VMWare will run several
OS¹s