Re: Domotiga

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@...> wrote:

> --- On Tue, 21/12/10 keynet-technology.com wrote:
> >> BTW at the moment I'm altering the boiler flow temp by
switching in
a resistor in the weather compensation circuit (using a 1-wire
controlled relay) but have lofty aims of building an Open Therm
interface to set the flow temp... one day...

> >Well now that I'm interested in. I have a Vaillant Ecomax boiler
c.
2004, but haven't found any documentation on how to control its flow
temp except by a Russian interface ...snip...

> No that's not me - I've got a Viessmann Vitodens 100 WB1B. I liked the
spec of the Vaillant boilers but they're not a part of Open Therm so
only have a proprietary interface - looking at that reference though it
looks like someone has made good progress.

>>>  SNIP <<<

Thanks Simon.  I don't have that compensator add-on thing, I might look
out for one., but I'm a bit reluctant to invest more money in Vaillant,
though it would be cheaper if I costed my time...
Vaillant aren't on my Xmas card list these days, as I've had several
silly faults with my system boiler (Ecomax 622).   I would put it down
to the dodgy installer and a lack of flushing... but my sister has one
of the same vintage, slightly different as it's a combi, but installed
by a very fastidious installer this time - guess what - the same major
fault, at a similar length of service!  Clearly design issues here.   I
mean who would design a cheap rubber hose, on the output of a boiler,
attached by non-adjustable cheap metal clips that loosen as the thing
cycles... Merry Xmas!

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums