From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kyle Gordon
Sent: 01 December 2010 20:20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] Network Analysis Software Advice Needed

Evening,

Speeds and duplexes :-)

Yup, just let it find its own top speed by use of autonegotation. If all
the cabling is up to scratch, it should work flawlessly. Since it's a
standard in its own right, and required for gigabit, I'd be surprised if
stuff doesn't support it these days!

Hope this helps

Kyle

On 01/12/2010 18:18, Darren Karp wrote:
> Hi Kyle. What are dups? And are you saying not to force the PC's NIC
> 1.0gbits but let it find its own speed?
>

> Thanks
>
> Darren
>

> From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
] On Behalf
Of
> Kyle Gordon
> Sent: 01 December 2010 11:26
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] Network Analysis Software Advice Needed
>

> In addition to this, the gigabit spec requires autonegotiaton. Don't
try
> to hack around it by setting dups and speeds manually. Fix the source
of
> the problem :-)
>
> Kyle

and I'd like to

>>> install
>>>
>>> Are you running Gigabit network? Sage database is known to use
a lot of
>>> bandwidth, Sage recommend gigabit network cards and switches
on their
>>> product info/specs. Also check you have excluded the sage
database
>>> directories/files from any AV software running on client and
server,
this