RE: Re: Which unlimited broadband?

I've just upgraded to the Virgin 50MB service - not because I needed
the
speed, but precisely because it has no traffic shaping or AUP... - If they
change that when 100MB (?) comes along in a few months' time, then I'll
consider that a change to my terms & conditions and a justification for
-
should I want to - exiting from my contract with them... However, that
bein=
said, - even if they do just shuffle every service down 1 tier, and add
som=
restrictions to the 50MB service, they do have a tiered policy on the
limit=
as well, so each higher speed service does have different (i.e. More
generous) download limits, and times of the day when the AUP applies... -
t=
the point that although I did on at least a couple of occasions hit their
limit on the old 10MB service, - resulting in my speed being absolutely
crippled for a day, - unless I significantly change my usage pattern, I
think I'd struggle to exceed the limit on a 50MB service...

Of course, I have a raft of new headaches to sort out now... - I got the
D-Link router as a freebie with the upgrade, - just as well, since my
venerable old Draytek Vigor (still going strong after many years sterling
service!) only has a 10MB WAN port, so I pretty much had to change it to
take advantage of the additional speed... - but, I have a few problems with
this...

It doesn't have a built-in VPN server, - only VPN pass-through, so I now
have to sort out an alternate VPN solution (forefront TMG server perhaps?)
The DHCP server in it is pretty pants as far as I can tell... - It offers
absolutely no configuration options other than the address range... - It
won't allow me to configure DHCP to give out any other scope options, or to
assign my own DNS servers... a problem since I have an Active Directory
domain, and I need to assign my own internal DNS server to DHCP clients to
permit proper operation of various in-house services... (my iPod can't find
my email server for instance)...

So, on balance, I think I may look for a better router... - any
suggestions?...

Ideally:

Built-in VPN service (AD-integrated would be great)
Flexible DHCP server
DynDns.org update support
100MB WAN port
Not pant-wettingly expensive! (say =A3200 max)

Paul G.

constantly at