Re: USB scrolling LED signs

Hi Jamie,

I've done a similar solution to what it looks like you want. I bought a
cheapish LED display for ~=A380 or so, which came with some windows
softwar=
e..
it seemed the protocol wasn't easy to get hold of but I managed to do
enoug=
packet sniffing to work it out, shortly after I found a spec sheet which
helped a bit for other functionality.. Anyhow mine was one of these:
http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=3Dskytronic+led+display+7+x+120&hl=3Den
although I got mine from a place that were selling them off so they were a
bit cheaper than that.

I eventually used it to have people from the web send messages to it (
www.easyjo.com/led.php not online now), but am now just using it for RSS
feeds etc, running from a PHP script (PHP to serial/usb erk!)..

Anyhow, in summary I would imagine any USB controlled LED display would be
fairly easy to have control of over command line, if you want I can send
over my source...

Joel Richards

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Jamie Bennett
<jamie.bennett@xxxxxxx>wro=
te:

> Anyone have idea's?
>
> I'm looking for a LED display that I can routinely send messages to
via
> usb through the command line (I only have Linux based machines here)
and