Re: Music file formats with Sonos

  • Subject: Re: Music file formats with Sonos
  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:07:12 -0000

Agree do a blind test.

Personally when I got my Squeezebox I ripped my CDs as MP3 then I learnt
about FLAC and re-ripped. A few times I've noticed tracks playing that are
less dynamic and sound "weak" these are MP3's that I forgot to
re-rip. In the car I notice a difference between CDs and MP3's on my iPod.
I now rip to FLAC and after sorting out the tags (if needed) I then
re-encode to MP3 as well. I use DBPoweramp and it works very well as it
makes use of all cores in the CPU

Paul