Re: Virtual Sharing Devices

Would love to find out more!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@...> wrote:

> I was just catching up on a podcast when this company
(www.ncomputing.com=
) was mentioned.=20=20
>=20
> Allows multiple users to share one PC by using some virtualisation
softwa=
re on the pc and a small device per user (either network attached or
direct=
attached) to connect multiple users (screen, keyboard, mouse) to the same =
pc with their own virtual space/machine.=20=20
>=20
> I hadn't heard of this type of thing before.  It was being touted (2m
use=
rs) for sharing resources in education, developing countries and pc
unfrien=
dly environments).  Also has greenish credentials as overall power
consumpt=
ion lower etc plus avoids PC obsolescence as you can upgrade the core
machi=
ne and keep these peripherals.=20=20
>=20
> And it struck me, could have very handy uses in a HA envt.=20=20
>=20
> I've been looking for a way to deploy touchscreens around the house
for a=
while without the need for a separate pc for each (had thought about thin =
pcs etc) as space/power is an issue.
>=20
> The network connected device seems to be about =A3130 each in the UK
(fou=
nd a couple of resellers).=20