Re: What Freeview box would you buy?

On the assumption that the afore mentioned Goodmans wouldn't allow you
do
both at the same time, wouldn't a freeview box with audio hooked to your
hifi do much the same?  [ with most stations that are on dab carried on
freeview anyway ]
?

2009/10/9 Mark Mahabir <mark.mahabir@xxxxxxx>

> Are there any combined Freeview/DAB boxes out there currently?
>
> IIRC there used to be a Goodmans a few years back that did the job.
>
> Mark
>
> 2009/10/9 Nick Austin <nick.w.austin@xxxxxxx
<nick.w.austin%40gmail.com=

> > On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Wayne
<Wayne@xxxxxxx<Wayne%40pl=
anetwayne.com>
> <Wayne%40planetwayne.com>>
>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Subject says it all really, if you were to buy a new
freeview box (no=
> > > one with a pvr) - what would you be buying - from a good
quality poin=
> > > of view (built well , no flimsy remote)?
> >
> > I've owned well over 10 freeview boxes ranging in price from
=A317 to =
=A3200.

> > I can't say I've noticed much difference in performance or
> > reliability. A =A360 box was the only one to fill the room with
smoke
> > when it died. Most of the boxes were junked because they couldn't
> > handle the 'improvements' to the freeview system. (Increased
number of
> > channels, different modulation schemes, etc.). Only one box
> > (Echostar) got an over-the-air-software-download to fix a channel
> > numbering problem and actually made the box usable again.
> >
> > I've bought two already this year, both chosen for having two
SCARTS
> > and an absence of a TV/RADIO button. The cheapest didn't have a
SCART