Re: Bye Bye Standby (BBSB) Network Controller Firmware for B&Q HomeEasy

On 6 Oct 2009, at 23:29, bruce33sw wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I bought a Bye Bye Standby Network Controller (http://www.byebyestandby.com/byebyestandbyonline.html
> ) and some of their sockets - controllable over UDP, all was happy.
> Then, on impulse, I bought a magnetic door switch and light bulb
> holder from B&Q (HomeEasy HE309 by the looks of it). Then I
> thought.. "How hard can it be" to get the HomeEasy to play
nice with
> the Network Controller...
>
> Well, some amount of grief later, I've got the bare bones of
> something just about working. I've put my findings to date on http://sites.google.com/site/slangey/misc/bbsb
>  and thought I'd broadcast this to a known friendly audience first.
>
> If anyone has one of these BBSB Network Controllers that is
> interested in helping improve this - by testing/coding/suggestions/
> whatever then please get in touch.
>
> A word of caution - this is very early stuff, I haven't even begun
> to implement any of the external web facing code (domia.eu) but it
> seems to let me turn on/off and receive events from both kinds of
> devices over UDP - which is what I need just now.
>
> Hopefully this will be of some use to someone - and I look forward
> to any feedback.
>
> Bruce

I had a brief look and attempted to follow your instructions to do the
build, unfortunately they are incorrect

eg

wget http://sites.google.com/site/slangey/misc/bbsb/bbsbhe.3.75.6-0.1.patch
patch -p1 < bbsbhe.3.75.6.patch

You build directories seem to be wrong too.

It is, however, very encouraging to see you've got somewhere with
this. Good job!

---

Andy Powell / ScaredyCat / FuzzyCat

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScaredyCat