VM Recomendations

Hi,

I'm about to finally move my test Atom system back to being a WHS for a
while.

For production I'm considering going for a quad core hardware
virtualization
supporting CPU and motherboard and running WHS on that, saving the Atom for
stand-alone GEOVISION use.

Can anyone suggest a (free) VM technology. I want:

(1) Pass through for hard drives (Hyper V does this - is that very common -
does it have a proper name)
(2) USB connectivity to guest (so the UPS can close the WHS down) - does
Hyper V do this? I think virtual box does from the doc.
nice to have: -
(3) Serial connectivity to Guest for X10 if/when I sort out renetworking my
HA'd stuff round the house.

otherwise it will have to be postponed for a while,

Thanks,

Simon