RE: RE: [OT] PBX in a Flash - choppy sound in a VM ?

The screensaver can show info like weather, horoscopes, biorhythm!!!
(80's =
throwback anyone?!), RSS feeds etc - completely useless for me so far, so
I=
disabled it straight away (just clock now which is exactly what I want) - =
I guess the RSS feed may be the most interesting thing.

Email/messenger too - not interested in showing that - but some people
migh=
t like that.

Not sure about customising the data - it may be possible if you were to
red=
irect to a custom server. The settings are hard coded to connect to the
onl=
ine account from gigaset.net.

Just Googling found this on how to do it:

http://copyandpastecode.blogspot.com/2008/08/siemens-s685ip-s68h.html

Paul.

have. It
> doesn't seem to be mentioned on the non-IP version. Also the messaging
> & email status info.
>
> Do you use the screensaver, and can it be customised to show your own
> data?
>
> The sound quality is supposedly improved with these phones - did/do
> you notice a difference?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Tim.
>

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I have the S685IP and an SL78H handset + just got 2 additional
S68H
> handsets today - been using them for a while on PBX in a Flash.
> >
> > Yes they use DECT technology to connect to the base station but
have
> Bluetooth for PC connectivity and headsets. PC and Mac have an app to
> transfer contacts etc - pretty good stuff + base station has a web
> browser to configure it.
> >
> > If you don't have VOIP or Asterisk, then there's no point in
getting
> the IP version unless you plan to go VOIP or Asterisk in the future.
> >
> > BTW - yes, there is handset to handset paging/calling.
> >
> > System also allows 2 simultaneous IP and one BT line call (I
think -
> certainly 2 x IP).
> >
> > They're a really great solution for the more advanced home
telephony
> needs - and with great Asterisk support :)
> >
> > Paul.

section on:

> <http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_0_152411_rArNrNrNrN_variation%253A

-5_pageType%253ATechnical%2Bdata_imagePos%253A0,00.html#content>

> >> I assume these are DECT phones rather than using bluetooth to
> >> "network" them together do I could use a mix of
these and "normal"