Re: Patch panel, ethernet & phone advice

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> These high density patch panels look (from the photo) to have rear
> mounted RJ45's - ie two per port one front and one back - which would
> allow you to patch in other kit mounted in the same rack very easily
> which is something I'm after - do they indeed have this or is it, as I
> suspect, just an identification graphic ?
> http://www.homestead.co.uk/CategoryImages%5CEP48PORT1Ul.jpg

That definitely has IDCs on the back for wiring in UTP cable.

What you want is the "through coupler" patch panels on the same
page
Paul posted originally...

> I've also always thought it would be nice to have some patch panels
that
> were recessed by about an inch from the front face (or pushed back) to
> allow cables to not poke out and be tidier, maybe even with a  front
> flap - again is there such a thing or just those rather bulky 'tidies'
> that go over the front ?

I wouldn't be surprised to find you can buy brackets to recess the patch
panels. If this is going into a cabinet that has adjustable rack strips,
you could either adjust them back a bit, or fit a secondary set for the
patch panels to mount on a little farther back...?

Jim