Re: Windows Home Server

  • Subject: Re: Windows Home Server
  • From: "domdevitto" <dom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:28:50 -0000

I've had my family, and extended family on Google Apps for a couple of
years, and *never* had any problems....

I'd put money on your mum having a spamming virus, or alternatively a
seriously broke mail client, maybe connecting every second of so, or
something similar.

If you consider the amount of email going through Gmail and Apps, you'd
have to put your head pretty high over the abuse limits to get suspended.

Dom

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "noel_pilot" <HA@...> wrote:

> I'm the same moved my domains to google apps a few months ago, took
the plunge and moved parents over two weeks ago, two days later mums
account was suspended supposedly for abuse!! wtf?! fortunately after a few
days posting on the forums a top poster flagged it for a google advisor and
they sorted it but without any information as to why it happened. Lots of
similar posts and i'm a little nervous it'll happen again.  I took a lot of
flack for that little three day email outage on that account!!!

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Mark McCall <lists@> wrote:
> >
> > > 1.     A good group mail package for WHS (Currently running
Exchange but
> > > its overkill really). Ideally with central calendar support.
Client
> > > needs to be outlook.
> >

> > GMail !  Our (small) office moved over to Google Apps a few
months ago and
> > its fantastic (and free).
> >
> > I've moved all my personal email accounts to be collected by
GMail now too.
> > Fantastic filtering and antispam too.  I've upgraded that account
to 17GB
> > ($20/yr) .
> >
> > Firefox plugin to pretty it up if you like...
> > http://www.globexdesigns.com/gr/
> >
> > I'm doing all my email through the web interface - but you can
use any POP
> > or IMAP client if you prefer.  If you must still use Outlook for
Calendars