Re: Windows Home Server

  • Subject: Re: Windows Home Server
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:27:34 -0000

I'm the same moved my domains to google apps a few months ago, took
the plunge and moved parents over two weeks ago, two days later mums
account was suspended supposedly for abuse!! wtf?! fortunately after a few
days posting on the forums a top poster flagged it for a google advisor and
they sorted it but without any information as to why it happened. Lots of
similar posts and i'm a little nervous it'll happen again.  I took a lot of
flack for that little three day email outage on that account!!!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Mark McCall <lists@...> wrote:

> > 1.     A good group mail package for WHS (Currently running
Exchange but
> > its overkill really). Ideally with central calendar support.
Client
> > needs to be outlook.
>

> GMail !  Our (small) office moved over to Google Apps a few months ago
and
> its fantastic (and free).
>
> I've moved all my personal email accounts to be collected by GMail now
too.
> Fantastic filtering and antispam too.  I've upgraded that account to
17GB
> ($20/yr) .
>
> Firefox plugin to pretty it up if you like...
> http://www.globexdesigns.com/gr/
>
> I'm doing all my email through the web interface - but you can use any
POP
> or IMAP client if you prefer.  If you must still use Outlook for
Calendars