Re: control lights via telephone

Jose

What about one of these I found earlier on ebay - No connection or=20=20
experience just found the unit while browsing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GSM-SMS-to-RS232-Control-C-BUS-Crestron-AMX-Dynalite_=
W0QQitemZ120419944589QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Gadgets?hash=3Ditem120419944589

So GSM -> RS232 -> DL-PLC

Ben

On 16 May 2009, at  21:19, Jose wrote:

> We have about 300 DL05 in our 30 Tech Colleges and I am looking
for=20=20
> the way to control lights, air conditioners that are connected
to=20=20
> DL05, through a telephone from any place in the world. I am
thinking=20=20
> to use asterisk because we can add this feature to the PBX. For=20=20
> example if a somebody call to a house or a company, asterisk
respond=20=20
> saying if you know the ext. mark it know. I suggest that one of
the=20=20
> extensions is for the control of lights etc. and if you pres
this=20=20
> extension it prompts you for a secret code. Ones the system
verified=20=20
> the secret code it prompts you to on/off light etc. And send the=20=20
> information to the PLC.
>
> I need help on how to comunicate xap protocol with any of the=20=20
> protocols of DL05. Ethernet SDK in a C++ program, for example.
>

> I post on asterisk and they toldme.
> a project like this can certainly be done through asterisk,
however=20=20
> it will likely require other software be written to handle it...
I=20=20
> dont believe the MDMTEL board from auto direct is an IVR.. it is=20=20
> strictly a PC modem so it taks in data carrier only and not voice
>
> asterisk can connect modem calls together but in and of itself is
a=20=20
> phone system, not an automation controller...
>
> I use asterisk in my home to do the things you are talking of,=20=20
> control my HVAC, lights, door latches, cameras etc.. however i
have=20=20
> additional hardware and software.. and communicate over TCP/IP
using=20=20
> the Xap protocol to my main automation server...
>
> my PLC's are standalone but ultimately are controlled by the
main=20=20
> server... asterisk talks to the main server by Xap...
>
> example:
>
> asterisk dialplan sends me through a voice menu lets say to turn
on=20=20
> the porch light... i am asked first what room I wish to control,=20=20
> then am given a list of lightsi n that room and then I can turn
on,=20=20
> turn off, or set brightness.. this is all done in asterisk...=20=20
> however when I press the key to "execute" an external AGI
script is=20=20
> called which communicates via Xap to my main server.. which picks
it=20=20
> up and turns on the light....
>
> asterisk handles the voice interface part of it...
> you would need to code software to talk to your PLC units based
on=20=20
> what was handled in asterisk...
> 2009/5/1 Jose sanchez < sanchezbond007@xxxxxxx direcci=F3n de=20=20
> correo electr=F3nico est=E1 protegida contra los robots de spam,=20=20
> necesitas tener Javascript activado para poder verla
>
> The next information was written by Greg Kiser.
>

> Case 1808: DirectSOFT =96 Control lights via telephone
>
> Hi Jose,
> The bottomline is that whatever ends up talking to the DL-PLC,
must=20=20
> speak one of its protocols.
>
> DL05 Serial Protocols (see pg. 4-4 of DL05 manual)
> Port1 (RS-232C, 9600 bps fixed)
> =95 K-sequence protocol (slave).
> =95 Modbus RTU (slave).
> =95 DirectNET (slave).
> Port2 (RC-232C, 300-38.4Kbps)
> =95 K-sequence protocol (slave).
> =95 Modbus RTU (master/slave).
> =95 DirectNET (master/slave).
> =95 Non-sequence / print protocol.
>
> DL05 Ethernet Protocols (Must have H0-ECOM100 installed in DL05=20=20
> option slot).
> =95 ECOM protocol
> =95 Modbus TCP (master/slave)
>
> NOTES
> =95 K-sequence protocol is proprietary.
> =95 DirectNET is open and the manual for it can be downloaded.
> =95 There is canned software sold by AutomationDirect that talks these
=
=20