Re: [OT] A general gripe...

On Mon Mar 30, 2009 at 11:28:23AM +0100, David wrote:
> No, it's not just you. My parents' Inspiron does exactly the same. If
> anyone here has found a solution to this, I'd love to hear from you.

Yes - you buy a replacement power connector from ebay and use your fine
soldering iron to resolder it onto the motherboard.

I'm not sure why Dell use power connectors made from tissue paper.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart  * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
Director        * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *