Re: Free Acronis True Image Personal version 10 (Backup Software)

  • Subject: Re: Free Acronis True Image Personal version 10 (Backup Software)
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:25:19 GMT

In article <gmhuq2+cefr@xxxxxxx>, Pjqx wrote:
> I rate Acronis very highly

I don't. Nice UI but not a particularly stable backup engine. And after
it insisted that two backups weren't actually backups, I decided that
enough was enough.

drivesnapshot is the exact opposite. "Interesting" UI, rather
badly
organised documentation, but absolutely rock solid, packed with
features (not all of which are initially obvious) and has saved our
bacon on NUMEROUS occasions. Note that it does full disk backups and
not file backups, but you can exclude directories and/or file types as
long as you use the command line.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire