Re: [OT] ftp client access

I have done this on an ASP system, it makes a nice front end for the
non-
technical users. (i would think it is similarly simple on a PHP server).

I Extended the principle to allow us to include an "abstract
file" that
describes the document. This is a text file with a single line of text that
describles the file and is named like the main file but with an
ADDITIONAL .txt extension added.
for example if the main file was
J2test.Doc
the abstract would be
J2test.Doc.txt

It works with multiple sub-directories - these appear as
"headings" on the
main document page.

The output format is like this:-

Installation Manuals
Click on a document to view, or right-click and select 'Save Target As...'
to save a copy onto your computer

Document                        Abstract

J2 Universal Demonstration.doc  This is an explanation of how to see /
demonstrate the Demo version of the J2
Universal in MS Word.

J2 Universal Demonstration.pdf  This is an explanation of how to see /
demonstrate the Demo version of the J2
Universal in PDF Format.

Training Docs Manuals
Click on a document to view, or right-click and select 'Save Target As...'
to save a copy onto your computer

Document                        Abstract
J2 Active.pdf                   This is a Copy of the Individual J2 Active
Leaflet
J2 Aircraft Balloon Project.pdf This is a Copy of the Individual J2
Aircraft
UAV Balloon Project

You would need to work out your own security handling *i have removed this
from the sample source for our own security reasons*

the source is available as a text document here:-
http://www.j2aircraft.net/documents.txt

Regards
Jim