Re: Re: Please stop hijacking threads

I'm sorry if what I wrote was impolite. I was trying to explain why
preserving the integrity of the thread ID might matter to both
threading-readers and also to posters. I can't speak for Andy, but I
can understand his apparent frustration.

However, the practice Andy is posting about is not being used as "a
quick way to reply to the group" - it's being used as a quick way to
start a new discussion. It's very tempting, we've probably all done
it. I have tried to discipline myself to hit "new message" and
then
the address autofills very quickly on my mail tool.

And yes, this group is friendly and it seems that now the issue has
been pointed out and explained quite a few people are prepared to
alter their previous methods of starting new thread. For which, I for
one, am very grateful.

Cheers

David