From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of craig
Sent: 05 March 2009 07:50
To: UKHA Group
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: CurrentCost serial cable wanted

> The signal does go the 15m or so from the kitchen to my patch panel,
> but the 25m from the patch panel to Node0 doesn't work - the combined
> distance is obviously a non-started.

When you say 'signal' are you extending the RJ45 connection direct from
CC,
or the DB9 serial connection after conversion?

I'm guessing, but if you are extending the RJ45 CC connection, its only
3.3v, so distance will be more of a problem than if you extended the DB9
using converters that is true rs-232 voltage.

Or could you not use an additional CC display unit, one for 'display'
one
for 'data' serial connection?