Re: [OT] Amps?

Hi Rob

The quick answer is no, it won't be a problem . . . . but . . . .

If the PSU you are intending to use is a regulated PSU, no harm will be
done.

However,  I've seen cheap kit supplied with cheap and nasty unregulated
PSUs. These depend on the correct current being drawn to bring the
voltage down to acceptable levels.

If you used an unregulated PSU with a high current rating on a load
requiring a low current, there is a chance that the voltage could remain
too high for the load.

If the PSU doesn't state that it's regulated, a quick check would be to
put your multimeter (as a disciple of UKHA, I'll assume you have one,
even if you are an electronics Luddite!!) across the output and check
that with no load being drawn, the voltage is around 3v. If it's _much_
higher, be suspicious.

HTH

Regards

Neil