Re: Experiences with Google Apps for email etc

  • Subject: Re: Experiences with Google Apps for email etc
  • From: "noel_pilot" <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:23:41 -0000

Exactly what I've just done.  Switched to google for my primary
domains, em=
ail, calendars etc, and o2 for broadband exactly the deal mentioned below.
=
Was a little nervous before my post here a few weeks ago where a fair few =
said they were on o2 with no issues.  A&A have been great, in my mind a
tru=
e uber geeks isp lol right down to the cacti style graphing you can view
of=
your usage, latency etc etc.  But as per below the costs had risen signifi=
cantly with a reduction in the package provided so I just couldn't justify
=
it.

One major plus of the transfer (my first between adsl providers) was the
se=
amless transfer, so seamless in fact that I had to query if it had
transfer=
red over because my old aaisp credentials were working with o2! Seems BT
wh=
olesale weren't verifying the user and pass for the first few days so
truly=
was seamless.

Only caution on google apps is the support, effectively if you have a
probl=
em its the forums and if you're lucky it'll get flagged to a google admin.
=
I moved my parents over, my mum promptly emailed her entire address book w=
ith a change of address (lots of old out of date emails) I'm guessing the
q=
uantity of bouncebacks caused an issue as within 12 hours she was deemed
to=
have broken their t's and c's of spamming (!!) and the account was locked.=
Nothing you can do apart from post on the forums and hope it gets sorted.=
This did but it took four days and with no explanation why.  Maybe one da=
y I'll upgrade to pay for but certainly no need as yet.  Touch wood my
expe=
rience on my own domains has been flawless!!

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ben McCormack" <yahoogroup@...>
wrote:

> Perfect ISP apart from cost. I was paying about =A330 per month for
about=
10Gb download during business hours.
>=20
> With o2 I have =A350 cash back from Quidco, first 2 months free and
then =
=A322 per month for unlimited download and also faster upload than A&A.
>=20
> It cost is not an issue for you then they are great
>=20
> Ben
>=20
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@> wrote:
> >
> > Ben McCormack wrote:
> > > I have just moved over to O2 Broadband after being with
Andrews and =
=20
> > > Arnold for about 4 years.
> > >=20=20=20
> >=20
> > Any particular reason for dropping A&A?
> >=20
> > I have my eye on them as an ISP for when BT start FTTC trials
here earl=
y=20