Fw: Sonos CR200 - Detailed specs and US$ price

  • Subject: Fw: Sonos CR200 - Detailed specs and US$ price
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:03:03 +0100

Last time I looked at it, the CR200 had a user replaceable battery.=20
Production versions may differ of course.=20

> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> From: craigc.lists@xxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:20:28 +0100
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Sonos CR200 - Detailed specs and US$ price
>=20
> > Errr... so could someone explain to me exactly *why* I would
choose to
> > buy a CR200 for =A3350 as opposed to an iPhone/iPod touch for
> > considerably less?... (that also does considerably more)
>=20
> Does iPod include a dock, a replaceable battery and free firmware=20
upgrades
> ;)

No, but exactly *how many* docks are available for a SONOS controller? -=20
(errr, that'l be "1" then...) - don't fancy paying =A340 for the
SONOS one?=
=20
- well tough!=20

Actually, is the CR100 battery replaceable? - I've never needed to find=20
out, but my CR100's look pretty well sealed... more to the point, is it=20
*user* replaceable? - can I buy a new battery on the SONOS website &
fit=20
it myself? - there are places that will replace iPhone/iPod batteries BTW,=
=20
so I believe it's not a clear-cut case of when the battery dies the
whole=20
unit must be junked.

>=20
> I still use my 4 year old CR100 regularly, do iPods/iPhones last
that=20
long?
>=20
>=20

With the price difference between a CR200 and an iPod touch (8GB about
=A3130 online) I could actually afford to buy TWO 8GB iPod touch(es) AND
about a half-dozen cradles - enough to put a touch away in a drawer
should the first one for some reason not last 4 years, and to have a
plethora of cradles in different locations...

>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

BTW, - I am NOT an Apple fanboy! - the only Apple device I own is a fairly=
=20
old 1GB shuffle - the 2nd-gen clip on style, and I HATE iTunes with a=20
passion. Conversely, I have 3 CR100's all on cradles (which all cost me=20
extra!). - I'm just trying to explore the value proposition between
these=20
two options, since I may very well have to make thi purchasing decision at=
=20
some point...

Paul G.

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number=20
741598.=20