Re: Roomba

Yes I have a scooba. Bought it used it twice and haven't used it
since.

It is sitting in my living room almost brand new. I really need to put
it onto ebay and sell it.

Why don't I use it? It is slow and very noisy.

I can hoover and wipe my floor quicker than it can clean 1/4 of the
space I want to it clean. I find it so frustrating that it keeps going
round in circles rewiping the same areas it has wiped.

Not worth it in my opinion. Quicker and cleaner to do it yourself.

Ho-Yin

2009/5/17 Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx>:
> Depends on what type of floor you have - I bought the original but
didn't=
use it much - then the drive belt broke up over time (rubber).

> I recently bought a latest model which is OK - but I get very
frustrated =
with it continually crashing into furniture in my loft when it doesn't
dete=
ct an obstacle correctly. I also have a thickish rug on a wood floor -
beca=
use the roomba gets statically charged, it tends to pick up a lot of fluff
=
underneath and around the edges. When it moves from wood to rug, the fluff
=
gets scraped off around the edge of the rug, requiring manual cleaning -
an=
other annoyance.

> Overall it's OK but I still feel it has a long way to go - oh, and I
just=
don't think the vacuum is anywhere near powerful enough - but maybe I'm ju=
st too used to the Dyson!

> Paul.

it first=
.