RE: Re: Just bought an iPod Touch...

> Some do. My old HP Ipaq was free for revisions and bug fixes but when
they
> offered an upgrade to the latest OS, ie, a major revision then change,
they
> charged 30 quid for it. I guess the same for Apple, making a major
jump
> is charged.

I would agree however I *BOUGHT* the thing yesterday which is *AFTER* OS
3.0
came out so I've had to pay another marine cephalopod with swine flu to
bring it up to date - Apple usually have some kind of "overlap"
arrangement
so that if you bought a new Mac a couple of months *BEFORE* a software
upgrade came out then you get the upgrade at a discounted price and if you
bought a new Mac *AFTER* a software upgrade came out and it was supplied
with the older software then they seem to send you the update for nowt...

Was just surprised at having to pay to bring a "new" iPod up to
date, that's
all.

> I have software here that costs $1500 each year to keep in
> maintenance so I think a few quid is a reasonable price to pay to get
the
> latest and greatest!!  :o)  (PS.. You could be an honorary Scotsman
now
> Phil)

I'm not ginger (at least I wasn't when I still had hair) but I suppose I am
overweight with a likelihood of heart disease and suicidal tendencies so
yes, you're probably right - cool. ;-)

Right, gotta go swimming and then go out for a bike ride (bought a new bike
yesterday). My "trainer" is a hard taskmaster and seems
determined to whup
my ass into some kind of shape ... it's a battle of wills! :-D

Phil