RE: [OT] Vista MCE DVD playback

Mmm - did you try setting vsync on it yet? The version of nvidia
drivers I have here allow application specific settings of vsync - might be
worth exploring.

Also- have you tried only running one screen to see if the problem happens
- screen tearing can be related to graphics card performance, so cloning
may affect what you're seeing - worth a go maybe?

Paul.

I'm
> aware of to force it to run is via some horrid cludge..  I knew there
> was a reason I *hate* vista, but I didn't have a lot of choice on this
> occasion.
>
> Paul G.

Having
> > completed
> > > the rebuild, everything "works" but I have an
annoying visual
> > artefact
> > > when viewing DVD's, either physical discs, or ripped to hard
disk.

> > > Basically, there is what looks like a tear, going
horizontally
> across
> > > the screen, that appears during scenes with fast motion or
fast
> > > left-right pans in the image, and sometimes also after scene
> changes.
> > > It
> > > kind of looks like I'm seeing the frame being refreshed, but
at the
> > > join, there seems to be a horizontal offset between the
upper &
> lower
> > > parts of the image, - it looks like one part of the image is
> shifted
> > > sideways by a couple of pixels. The line is not in a fixed
place,
> it
> > > moves up or down according to where in the image the most
motion is
> > > occurring. This *only* seems to appear in DVD playback, -
Vista
> Media
> > > Centre's own test videos (the very attractive people playing
pool)
> > > played perfectly when I went through the various MCE setup
> > procedures,
> > > and I just watched an XviD .AVI compressed copy of
Terminator 2 all
> > the
> > > way through without a hint of a problem.
> > >
> > > The artifact I'm seeing with DVD playback occurs whether I
use the
> > MCE
> > > interface, or just use media player from the desktop to play
a .VOB
> > > file.
> > >
> > > Now of course, with the old XP MCE, there was no MPEG2 codec
by
> > > default,
> > > and I had to install MCE compliant DVD playback software...
Whereas