Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: (OT) On line photo albums

If you do like the look of Smugmug then my referrel code (
http://www.smugmug.com/?referrer=3DLpqhIaA6wcPS6
) will get you $5 off.

Back to your dynamic IP address, I think your situation is probably similar
to mine but there is probably a way --

If A-Q gives you control of your DNS records, could create a CNAME record
pointing to a dyndns host/domain (instead of an A-name that uses an IP
address).  You then create a dyndns account and a matching host/domain
(using their free ones) and configure your router to auto-update dyndns.

It sounds a little round-the-houses, but it's how mine is configured an
seems to work.
i.e
example.jpdw.org is a CNAME to myexamplehost.homeip.net
homeip.net is a dyndns "own" domain

on dyndns, I have an account with myexamplehost as an A record (IP
address) under their homeip.net (ie. myexamplehost.homeip.net)
my router updates the IP address of myexamplehost.homeip.net

To the user... they go to example.jpdw.org and the web page loads from the
IP address set into dyndns.

hope this helps...

2009/1/25 Brian Reynolds <Brian@xxxxxxx>

> Thanks for that Jon, I will have a look at that smugmug also.
>
> As for the IP issue, I was using Exchange as well as running a web
server=
.
> I was using web-forwarding from a-q where my domain name is registered
wi=
th.

> it is at a-q where I have to change my ip from TalkTalk so unless this
ca=
> be updated automatically I do not think dyndns will wodr..... or am I
wro=
ng