Re: CurrentCost external install

  • Subject: Re: CurrentCost external install
  • From: "howardsixtynine" <howardsixtynine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:34:54 -0000

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Tim Ramsdale <tim@...> wrote:
> >
> > My big question is how do you do the same on a water
> > meter? There are no reflective digits, and I have tried to
> > sniff using a reed switch for magnetic effects. I suspect
> > I need a hall effect switch which will be much more
> > sensitive and pick up the underlying meter component.
> >
> > Tim.

I was under the impression that most water meters have a magnetic
output. My water meter is one of the most common types in the UK, I
tracked it down online and found I could buy a sensor add-on for it
for =A330. Here's a link to the meter so you can see if yours is the same:
http://www.elstermetering.com/en/V200_V210.html
My plan was to poke around with a reed switch and build my own, not
got round to it yet though.