Re: Re: OT: Electricity generation

Warming up an old thread (sorry guys) but I'd like to ask you guys
some
opinions on the solar water mentioned by Paul.

On the subject of a payback period, a chap recently was trying to convince
me the payback would be *only* 20 years (based only on the savings you'd
make on the energy bills).  20 years is lot longer than I expected.
And the chap telling me ... was a salesman for one of the suppliers - so if
I was cynical I'd say 20 years was probably an optimistic estimate.

I'm guessing UKHA peeps are general "early adoptors".  So, to my
question --

Do any of you have Solar water heating?
Any good?
Does it really heat "almost all" your hot water all year round?
If you moved to another home, would you have it fitted again?th

Thanks,

jon