Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Convert your IR Control Remote into a RF remote extender for your media tower

  • Subject: Convert your IR Control Remote into a RF remote extender for your media tower
  • From: "truxany" <jvankausa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:43:16 -0000

Hello,

When I was looking for a IR extender solution for my media tower, I
found out about this product, purchased and very happy ever since.

All my media components are away from the TV-Audio area, so I was
planning to use Cat5 to transmit IR from room "A" (Tv area) to
room
"B" equipment area.

Searching I found "Anywhere Remote control technology"  This
device
uses your current IR remote and converts it into a RF remote and
includes one receiver that beams IR back out to your equipment.

I use a programmable universal remote and added all the IR equipment
to be controled.  In order to make it RF, you just remove one of the
batteries and insert the Remote Anywhere provided battery/RF
transmitter.  The other piece is the convert/transmitter that you
place by your media equipment and has optional bright eye emitters...
and voila', without spending a lot of money and many remotes, now you
can control anything from anywhere up to 100 feet away no line of
sight!

The battery supplied is rechargeable and the base of the convertor
has the recharging station.  There is an adapter for AA or AAA
batteries as well.

My remote has LCD screen, and it does consume a lot of power, I
adjusted the timing of the screen to the minimum and purchased AA
Lithium batteries this makes it last for a while before I need to
recharge the batteries.

This is the link to the product:
http://www.nextgenerationhomeproducts.com/1184331.html

Cost is US$35 in Amazon.com