Fw: Re: RGB lighting

Yes, it does need a second cable - I'd already got that as I'd
intended to put the 10V control signal down it as you can't have CFL
dimmer ballasts very far from the lamp itself. If you are wiring a
place from scratch its another reason to put Cat5 _everywhere_. So
light fittings and switch plates and 'stats and TV and..... and two of
them or more if you can!!

You could (just) get away with three core and earth as you can common
all the cathodes (I think, may be the anodes) of the LEDs.

Lehane

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@...> wrote:

> Of course - we'd need a second control wire to be able to tell the
rgb=20
> what to do - ie from a DMX ?
>=20
> Comfort could do that if a DMX controller had a serial input - but,
I've=20

<andrew.walker@> wrote:

> > > Hi Lehane, could you recommend a suitable 1-10V compatible
PSU for
> > these.=20
> > >=20
> > > Do you think a heat sink will be necessary?
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >=20