Re: Re: OT: Electricity generation

Paul Bendall wrote:
> All in all a lot to consider and huge compromise. If you are thinking
> of doing it to save moeny, chances are you won't unless you consider
> payback over 20 years. If you want to do it as a demo of what can be
> done then go for it.

Just had a look at the Navitron website. At current (NPI) electricity
prices of around 16p/kWh, the payback time is more than 30 years! That's
assuming you install it yourself as well...

Where are all those cheap inkjet printable nano technology solar panels
we were promised? :-)

> Most of the above I have learnt over the last few years, but also
> check out the forums or magazine on www.newbuilder.co.uk (don't be
> put off by the "Green" as most of the guys are realists and
you'll
> even see them discussing nuclear power as an option)

For home generation? Excellent! ("It's a bit cold dear, shall I pull
out
another carbon rod?")

Jim