Hi, Newbie here, after advice and recommendations

  • Subject: Hi, Newbie here, after advice and recommendations
  • From: "avenger.penguin" <dj.sean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:37:28 -0000

Firstly hi all, new to the group got pointed here by my dad who has
been a member a while now.

I have some equipment at present and am currently expanding my HA
equipment and would like some advice and recommendations on my
choices so far.

I have a few pieces of HomeEasy equip at the mo mainly to control
lighting etc through the remote and timer functions, however am
planning to go for heating controller and some other mains switching
i.e shutting access points, sky box, xbox etc when not in use.  The
plan is to use harmony software to control these through the pc using
RXCOM.

Am currently (like as I type) installing WHS onto a machine to test
while I wait for the proper bits being supplied by my bro, the plan
will be a entry spec server running raid 1 array 2x500gb disks etc
etc to store my media etc on, using my xbox360 as a media extender to
the living room tv, also I would like it to control a multiroom
single amp audio running through ceiling mounted speakers upstairs.

Would be grateful for any advice on HomeEasy, Harmony etc

Sean