Re: Wanted: cheap, deep 19" rack

On 9 Jan 2009, at 13:20, Steve Morgan wrote:

> I've just taken delivery of a rather lovely Fujitsu Siemens RX300 rack
> server for "work". Eight cores, 16GB RAM, 1TB RAID. It's
going to be
> running
> lots of VMs. Noisily. On full chat, it drowns out the Dyson!
>
> Unfortunately, my home-made rack is just under 600mm deep and this
> puppy
> needs around 900mm.
>
> Can anyone suggest a source of a suitable rack (open or closed
> frame, it
> doesn't need to be fancy) of an appropriate size? Something shorter
> than 42U
> would be preferable but I could get away with 42U if I can get it up
> the
> stairs!
>
> Oh, and I'm trying to find one for next to nothing.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve

I have a rack in my garage you can have for free. Comes with 2 side
panels glass door (and possibly rear door too). I'm trying to recall
its depth but I think it is 900mm.

There is one catch though. You will need to collect it .... ... and I
live in Holland.

--

Andy Powell / ScaredyCat / FuzzyCat

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScaredyCat