Wanted: cheap, deep 19" rack

  • Subject: Wanted: cheap, deep 19" rack
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 13:20:57 -0000

I've just taken delivery of a rather lovely Fujitsu Siemens RX300 rack
server for "work". Eight cores, 16GB RAM, 1TB RAID. It's going to
be running
lots of VMs. Noisily. On full chat, it drowns out the Dyson!

Unfortunately, my home-made rack is just under 600mm deep and this puppy
needs around 900mm.

Can anyone suggest a source of a suitable rack (open or closed frame, it
doesn't need to be fancy) of an appropriate size? Something shorter than
42U
would be preferable but I could get away with 42U if I can get it up the
stairs!

Oh, and I'm trying to find one for next to nothing.

Cheers,

Steve