From: "Andrew Walker" <andrew.walker@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 9:48 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Lighting Design for Kitchen

> Ben,
>
> I can highly recommend the Varilight transformers which work with my
CBUS
> dimmers.
>
> I have bought both from 1stopelectrics http://tinyurl.com/96aqhc     250W
> £14.34
>
> and tlc-direct http://tinyurl.com/9fghda 250W
£14.10

> They also do 50, 70, 105 and 150W.
>
> Andy

fixtures so I
>> > could decide (these were stair lights).
>> >
>> > Price was a LOT more than the Aurora units but quality is
>> > significantly higher - a lot of people don't rate Aurora at
all -
>> > they are significantly cheaper and lower quality. Depends
what you
>> > want though. I can't remember what I paid but probably in the
region
>> > of £20 per unit + transformer + lamp
>> >
>> > Paul.

I will
>> want

tubes and I

>> > lights

Channel.

Corporation.

>> > g=2952&c=81&b=71&oc=8

>> > have a
moveable? Is
>> the
>> > layout
times after

level of
>> control
the fitting).
corporation for
>> > all of
IIRC) - was
of the light position
>> > get
though - but
>> if
worth it!? :)

am getting
>> > somewhere
>> > > > >

>> http://www.redwoodcity.org/cds/building/pdf/handouts/Electrical/kitche

utilize the Illuminating
guidelines that
>> > footcandles of

50w bulbs I need

Corporation for a while.
>> They

you say they are
fittings, this pushes the
>> > cost

is the required

(Australia)[8] 400 lux
Well-lit office
>> > area.
according to the
>> European

lights just in the
>> > ceiling

at 16 fittings.

wrote:

> [...]
designing yourself -
from John Cullen Lighting in
>> > London but
when I was speaking to
>> > her!
£500 IIRC) - that was for
>> > the new

of them are task/
>> > uplights/
they'll cost a fortune
>> > with
transformers, fittings and
a bit if you can.

costs would also be a
>> factor

I used Bell Aluminium
of beam angles. They
>> also
heat forwards, so
>> > reducing
fitting/transformer etc behind!
>> > Good
to the quality of
>> > light and

with a "dark" effect
>> > halogen
before the lamp to
>> > reduce
adds a real feeling
lot less eye drawing glare on
carefully chosen places etc.

the lamp - you can do
>> > some
illuminate smaller
>> items/
Also coloured

replacement and new

room which look pretty
turned fittings - top
>> > quality:

changeable LED marker/
>> > uplights

DMX capable LED driver.
eventually be controlled
>> > via
bit of kit!)

Selfbuild
Design for Kitchen

lighting design for the
and all of the lighting
>> > will

lighting designer but thought I

halogens in the ceiling
>> and

Aurora seem to produce nice
price. (http://www.aurora-

lighting design program.
>> > Aurora
every one of their
>> fittings
your head around.

fitting and put all of the
>> > room

windows and different
>> finished

lighting.com/ProductPages/LampProductDetails.aspx?

g=2951&c=6&b=71&oc=81

that affect the calculation

this is used for commercial
and blown bulbs can be a