Fw: PC controlled socket

  • Subject: Fw: PC controlled socket
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:42:37 +0000

Shame the RFXCom gear uses a queer 4800 p82 style RS232 connection.
Would
be a perfect companion for Comfort, CBUS, HomeVision etc if its was a
normal 9600n81

I'd have one in a shot if it was a 'normal' standard.

Jon,

The 80002 RFXCOM USB transmitter is able to control HomeEasy.
And also DomiaLite, BBSB, X10 and a few more.

Bert

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@...> wrote:

> X10 PC kit from letsautomate ?
>

> Hi folks,
>
> A Friday Challenge !
>
> A friend is asking how he can control a 13A socket from his PC
(that he
> remote connects to)
> and specifically where he can get this kit before he goes away on
*Sunday*
> .
> [ he needs to access a rack of kit but doesn't want to run 2.5kw
all the
> time he's away ]
>
> Technically it's quite easy, but the time element means it needs to
be
> retail or fast mail order
>
> Any suggestions?  I suggested HomeEasy but he said they dont have a
PC