Re: Fw: Sonos - It just works!! Does what it says on the tin.

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Sonos - It just works!! Does what it says on the tin.
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 12:55:59 -0000

And if you don't like the CR100 you can now also get a free
application for the iPhone / iTouch that provides Sonos control.=20=20

I haven't tried this as I don't have Sonos but it does look like a
good way in and perhaps is cheaper as the iTouch starts at =A3165. A bit
cheaper than the CR100?

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@...> wrote:

> I heard they are developing new controllers - iPhone/iTouch style
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  >>I keep getting tempted by Sonos but constantly get put off by
the
> controllers which look like 90's retro gadgets to me! :-)
>=20
> Ouch!
>=20
> The CR100 maybe a little retro and it doesn't have a whizzy touch=20
> screen, but it does  the job admirably.
>=20
> I like the feel of the unit it's kind of chunky and solid, big
enough to=20
> not be fiddly.
>=20
> The iPhone interface may be the latest fandango but I'm getting
mighty=20
> pee'd off with all the little touch buttons on my phone - and I
haven't=20
> got porky fingers!!
>=20
> Rob, I think you should dive in and get a Sonos - you'll love it!!
>=20
> Cheers
>=20
> Neil
>=20
> Rob Mouser wrote:
> >
> > I keep getting tempted by Sonos but constantly get put off by the
> > controllers which look like 90's retro gadgets to me! :-)
> > Does anyone use the iphone or itouch as a permanent replacement
to the
> > controller?
> > The video of it working on the Sonos site seems to show it as
being
> > super slick and super fast. Is that the reality?
> >
> > Rob

On=20
> > Behalf
> > > Of Mark McCall
> > > Sent: 06 February 2009 19:16
> > > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Sonos - It just works!! Does what it
says
on the
> > > tin.

> > > Thanks Ben, good to hear from another Sonos convert.
> > >
> > > Remember to try Last.fm on Sonos too - currently free.
> > >
> > > M,

> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unless stated otherwise above:
number=20
> 741598.=20
> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
PO6 3AU