Re: Using 1 wire temp sensors on copper pipes?

  • Subject: Re: Using 1 wire temp sensors on copper pipes?
  • From: <briview@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:33:15 +0000

Interesting that you ask as I was working on doing exactly this last
night.  I have, rightly or wrongly, used a jubilee clip to attach the
sensor to the outlet of the boiler.  Clearly it would be pretty easy to
mash the sensor this way so you do have to be pretty careful on the
tension.

The only thing I would say is that the temperature is lower than I was
expecting at circa 60 degrees C.  I wasn't sure if one particular surface
of the sensor was more sensative than others.  Has anyone any experience of
that?  Otherwise I'll try adjusting it tonight and see if I get any
different readings.

---- Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> With the talk of temp sensors, I was wondering if anyone has used 1
wire temp sensors on copper DHW pipes? I need to measure (reasonably
accurately to +-1 deg or so) the temperatures of my boiler feed and return
and other feed/returns on my thermal store system - mainly for tuning
purposes.

> I was wondering if these are the right devices to use (max temp??) and
the best way to bond them or temporarily fix them to the pipes? Was
thinking maybe using epoxy resin such as araldite etc.

signature database 3820 (20090203) __________