Re: Re: Looking for a new Remote - Pronto TSU9600 - The best?

I got mine from the US with no issues off Fleabay.

TBH after using various Prontos through the ages since the first one was
available I'd have to say that the TSU9600 is a superb device. And, after
an initial "user error" with the software, that's also very, very
good. Philips are seemingly now very good at this universal remote malarky
with a lot of the previous annoyances and quibbles well sorted.

Once you build up the database of IR codes that you use it is superb,
that's the mistake I made when I trashed my CCF but, once done, global
changes to codes is just so, so easy where before you had to reprogram
every press that used a code if it changed. Phil will attest to the fact
that I wasn't best chuffed a few nights ago when I trashed it, sweary words
were used. ;)

In short, it's the best remote I've ever come across by a country mile.

UK sellers though, forget it unless you want to sleep with one, you've got
little chance of getting any sort of deal on it. Having seen some of the
people that sell them, I wouldn't hazard that as being a good idea.

Philips did really hack me off with the whole "don't sell to end
users" cr4p but the remotes are brilliant once you got your head round
them.

HTH

K.

On 30 Dec 2009, at 22:42, Ben McCormack wrote:

> Yes I had seen that. Guess I need to find a friendly dealer willing to
do a deal

> On 30 Dec 2009, at 22:41, Phil Harris wrote:
>
> > In theory the Prontos are no longer sold to end users...
> >
> > Phil

TSU9600 -
> >> The best?
> >>
> >> This all leads to an important question.
> >>
> >> Where in the UK can you purchase a TSU9600 for a 'reasonable'
price?

> >> regards
> >> Ben

paradoxically might
> >> mean
'Qualifi'
> >> direct
> >> never

speak to cbus

Hawkins<yahoogroupskh@...>

module available for
> >> the
apparently usable
> >> on
knows otherwise ? It
Clipsal/Schneider/3rd party
> >> treacle
range now
> >> unfortunately.
posted on the C-Bus
> >> forum.

I have it's been
> >> good -

that appears to have
> >> some great HA features including the new Sonos control
module, there
> >> are cbus control possibilities and also Comfort.

happy with them?