Re: Re: Looking for a new Remote - Pronto TSU9600 - The best?

This all leads to an important question.

Where in the UK can you purchase a TSU9600 for a 'reasonable' price?

regards
Ben

On 29 Dec 2009, at 16:52, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> Rohan released a version that uses C-Gate.  What I really meant by
> 'lite' is that all the C-Bus network modelling is done within C-Gate
> rather than within the Pronto module  - which paradoxically might mean
> it has better network capabilities.    The more official 'Qualifi'
> version uses a TCP socket connection to a C-Bus PCI which is more
direct
> and I feel a better solution - assuming you do have a PCI available.
> However it would need more smarts in the Pronto module and as I've
never
> managed to try it I am not sure about it's capabilities..
>
> http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4677

>   On 29/12/2009 15:50, ben_mccormack2000 wrote:
>> Kevin
>>
>> I saw something last night that allowed the 9600 to speak to cbus
using cgate, I guess we are speaking of the same 'lite' one

wrote:

>>> I haven't as yet seen the fuller version C-Bus module
available for the
>>> 9600 - except to a closed group in Australia and apparently
usable on
>>> Aus serial number units only,  unless someone knows otherwise
?  It
>>> seems to have fallen foul of the Clipsal/Schneider/3rd party
treacle
>>> politics that's pervasive everywhere in that range now
unfortunately.
>>> There is a third party 'lite' one that someone posted on the
C-Bus forum.

>>> Haven't used my 9600 very much as yet - but when I have it's
been good -
>>> once you get over the cost...

have some great HA features including the new Sonos control module, there
are cbus control possibilities and also Comfort.