RE: Re: Room temperature measuring system

OUCH! - that's a heck of a premium to pay just to have it wireless...
- how
many sensors do you get? - how many does it support maximum?

The Quasar kit costs about =A327 (built & tested), and sensors are
about =
=A34
each. (I have it on good authority that the DS18S20 sensors can be had a
lo=
cheaper, and in some cases can be got for free if you request
"samples"
direct from Dallas)

Even if you pay full price for 4 sensors, that gets you a fully-loaded
4-zone temp probe for less than =A345, and all you need to run it is a few
=
of
the cores from a CAT5 cable to each measured location... - an entire 305m
drum of CAT5 cable can be had for about =A335-=A340 - and since it only
use=
s a
maximum of 3 cores, you can STILL use the remainder of the pairs for other
purposes if required, - and that could include 100MB Ethernet, which only
requires 2 pairs (Gb Ethernet needs all 4 pairs IIRC)...

If 4 zones isn't enough, just duplicate the above, - as long as you have
enough RS232 COM ports to connect to, you can run as many of these as you
like for =A345 a time (I run 2 of them to give 8 zones into Homeseer, -
although they're offline just now as I've changed my serial port server
&
need to engineer an alternate power supply for them).

Still, you pays yer money & you takes yer choice...

Paul G.