Re: If building a house would you use X-10?

  • Subject: Re: If building a house would you use X-10?
  • From: "g8kmh" <lehane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:41:00 -0000

Hi,
I used the NJD units DPX12/4.

It was SWA - Steel  Wire Armoured. As I say, it is overkill in a domestic
s=
ituation.

Lehane

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "msgindia" <marksgraves@...> wrote:

> Thanks Lehane.  What model DMX dimmers did you use?
>=20
> I was thinking of heated flooring in the bath rooms, but I haven't
heard =
of a heated mirror.
>=20
> "each fed with an SWK."  What is SWK?
>=20
> Mark
>=20
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "g8kmh" <lehane@> wrote:
> >
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Whatever you use (and I went for DMX dimmers at =A35 a channel
and have=
had no problems  in 3 years with both LV lights/toroidals and GU10) I'd  c=
oncur with the home run everything. In my case with an Oak frame it wasn't
=
physically possible to bring them all back to Node Zero, so there are
other=
spots where the dimmer packs lurk (back of bathroom, under eaves,..) each =
fed with SWA(overkill!) and a consumer unit. I also got the sparks to use
L=
SF/LSZH cable for the home runs, as there was so much of it :-)
> >=20
> > Don't forget all the other things you might want to control and
home ru=
n those too..heated mirrors, underfloor, etc. Even if for now you just
wire=
into the consumer unit in Node x.
> >=20
> > Lehane
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I certainly wouldn't use X10 again for the whole house - did
that for=
several years but ended up replacing it with CBus which is far more reliab=
le and flexible. IME, I had a fair few issues with un-commanded lights
comi=
ng on around the house when using X10 - very ghostly! Of course, it all
dep=
ends on how much you want to spend though - X10 is certainly a lot cheaper.
> > >=20
> > > Paul.
> > >=20
X-10?